I'm back. In some ways I was never gone because I continued to keep up reading the blogs that I follow. I just wasn't posting because I wasn't feeling like I had much to contribute to the blogosphere these days. I commented on other blogs occasionally. But mostly I have spent the last month lurking. I continue to struggle but I have not given up. OK, I had given up for awhile. But I am un-giving up now.
So it's been a month.
What's new?
1. I am back in Weight Watchers meetings. I've gone 2 weeks in a row now and am down 6.6 pounds.
2. I am actually listening during my meetings and reading the weekly materials. Because I've been a WW member on and off for 10+ years, I pretty much think I know everything there is to know about the plan. I'm trying to go in with a different, more open, attitude this time. There are some success stories in that meeting room. Maybe if I'd quit thinking I know it all and just listen I might learn something.
3. I am back in water aerobics. I signed up for classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. This will be the extent of my exercise for now. I don't want to bite off more that I can chew.
What's not new?
1. Still struggling with depression but am being more proactive about dealing with that. I wouldn't say I am actually better, but I think I can see that I will be some day. That in itself is a major improvement. The past couple of months I have felt fairly hopeless about pretty much everything. So even though I am not back to my usual perky self, I believe that I will be one day...sooner rather than later.
2. My job. Still not real happy in that arena. Taking some fledgling steps to try to fix this but I won't say much about that on my blog. Just know it has been and continues to be one of my struggles.
I'm glad to be back. I'm glad to be feeling a glimmer of hope again. Thanks to those to emailed to check on me while I was gone. And, yes, I did end up going to the Biggest Loser casting call. But I'll save that for another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Glad to see you back and you sound like you are doing great on WW - the plan does work if we just work it. Keep it up :)
This being depressed thing - it sucks!
I am glad you are doing something pro-active for yourself. Stay with the blogging - you are good at it!
Glad to see you back!
Welcome back - hope you can kick the depression out of your life, my friend. Been there, done that - not fun.
Congratulations on your WW success - nearly 7 pounds is excellent!
Depression sucks for sure!
Good for you on going to ww's and doing healthy things for yourself!
Glad your back!
I am glad to see you back in the arena. Depression has been something I have battled with on and off for years. Tough stuff...tough stuff.
Good for you!!! 6.6 that's awesome! I haven't been blogging either, not really reading...struggling...I get it!
Good Luck with your jorney. No one says it is easy.
I too have been absent from blogging world. Welcome back! I am pulling for you!
As far as your weight loss effort my favorite inspirational quote is from Finding Nemo "Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming..."
No matter how many times you feel feel like giving up or have to start over...Just keep swimming!
-I am such a Disney Nerd
Post a Comment