How about some happy news for a change? A couple of days ago I closed on a new house. A townhouse to be exact. It a bit bigger than the house I live in now and I got a super good deal on it. I even have an extra bedroom that I will be able to set up as an exercise room rather than having my treadmill smack dab in the middle of my living room. My new place is more centrally located within my metropolitan area so I am still within 20 minutes of work but I am also much closer to my friends who live on the opposite side of town. There is also a community pool and workout room that maybe I will actually work up the courage to use one day.
I've never really liked the house I am currently in and always have thought of it as temporary. I think I finally got tired of living in a house that didn't feel like a home. I mean, I am going to be 40 on my next birthday (shudder), why shouldn't I have my dream home NOW!?!?
As for moving, I haven't even started to pack yet. I am keeping the house I am in now and turning it into a rental property so I don't have to rush to get out, although the sooner the better. I am not pressuring myself though. I'm just going to do what I can and be grateful I am in a situation where I can take my time if I need to.
Maybe I'll post some pictures soon.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


9 comments:
Yay--congrats on your new home!
Bethany
That's super exciting. Congrats on the new home.
I know you must be really excited!! Can't wait to see some pictures.
EXCITING!!
Glad youre dragging us along for the ride too.
cant wait for pics of the new digs!
Very cool, Deb - glad you are getting the house you want!
Congratulations on your new home! That's wonderful! :)
Congrats on the new home! I hope you'll be happy and content there. Waiting for pics.
I am so excited for you! Moving is stressful, but great for getting rid of junk... Good luck!
I wish you much health & happiness in your new home!
Post a Comment