Week 2 Plan versus Actual was:
T - 3 miles done
Th - 3 miles done on Friday instead
F - 30 minutes cross (Curves) skipped
Sat - 4 miles done, split into two 2 mile walks
Sun - 3 miles done
Many of you assured me I would see improvements quickly. You were right! Week 1 was from hell and left me really questioning my abilities. In Week 2 I already saw improvements. Here's the list if things I noticed:
- Calf pain almost non-existent this week. More of a muscle fatigue than out and out pain.
- By Sunday I was able to do my entire 3 miles at a pace of 2.1mph (had been doing 2.0) A small increase, but the small increases will add up over time AND help shorten the time it takes me to complete my mileage which is a serious motivation for me!
- Spending MUCH less time holding on to handrails.
- Did not want to cry by the end of the week. Actually felt positive about what I am accomplishing.
I am heading home in the morning so I will be back in my normal routine. That is good because my mileage ups even more for Week 3. Also I need to do a better job of getting my cross-training in. I did start doing some core strengthening exercises by just focusing on tightening and releasing my ab muscles whenever I thought about it. Mostly while brushing my teeth in the morning! I also want to try to get some outdoor walking in this week even though it was pretty disastrous in Week 1. I can't do all my training on the treadmill and expect to be able to walk 60 miles outside. It's just not the same.
Week 3 training looks like this:
T - 3 miles
Th - 4 miles
Fri - cross train (30 min at Curves plannned)
Sat - 5 miles (will try to do at least 0.5 miles outside, preferably a full mile)
Sun - 3 miles
I'm feeling good and actually looking forward to seeing how my 5 mile day goes. What a difference a week makes!


8 comments:
Great job getting most of your schedule completed! Its better than many of us do.
You are making great progress! Well done. And yay for all the positive effects all this exercise is having...
I love your dedication...and your progress is proof of just how hard you are working!
It's great that you're seeing such progress and feeling so positive!
Kudos to you for getting those workouts in even when traveling.
I'm wishing you nice weather for the outdoor portions of your walks (after a few days of respite, we're back to rain, rain, rain here in NY).
You are doing great! And so organized about it too. Your line of not wanting to cry by the end of the week actually gave me a little sniffle. It will be so worth it by the time your event arrives.
Way to go in sticking with the plan in the face of an unexpected trip! I never would have thought of a local rec center - good thinking on your part.
Yep, lots of dedication, and hard work, and the results are already showing!
Deb what an accomplishment! Working out while you were away AND walking a bit faster than last week. I'm very impressed with your dedication. You are doing a great job!!! :)
Wow! Great workout schedule. Keep you the good work. How did the 5 miles go?
Post a Comment