I am headed to Iowa tomorrow. My grandpa fell and broke his arm so he and my grandma need some help since he is the only one who still drives. I don't think it's too serious, ignoring the fact he broke his hip and the same arm 2 years ago. Obviously his bones are weak. The doctor does not think he will need surgery to repair the arm, so that is good. It's hard to see my grandparents (who raised me and really are my parents) becoming so frail.
I am not giving up on my training this week though. I got a new battery for my pedometer so I can keep track of my mileage while I am up there.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa...keep up your good work!
Oh dear! At least you can get away and be there for them... Take care!
So sorry to hear about your grandfather - hope the surgery goes smoothly.
So glad you have a plan in place for continuing your workouts - it has to get easier the longer you do it, right?
I hope your grandpa is on the mend soon. It's so hard to see our loved ones become sick and unable to care for themselves. I'm sure your visit will lift their spirits.
Hi Deb,
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope he recovers soon.
I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.
Best,
Hua
Hope your grandpa is feeling better! Good idea to bring the pedometer . . . hope you've been able to fit some time for yourself into the trip.
Post a Comment