Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weigh in: 0.9 gained, 170.1 to go

After being suprised at my 1.1 loss last week, I am not suprised to have gained 0.9 of it back this week. I am not the least bit upset by this. The past two weeks have been very difficult in terms of long work hours and stress and I have basically maintained my weight through them. I am counting that as a victory and signs of progress in my struggle with emotional eating/bingeing. I have not been perfect by any means but I have stayed aware of my food choices even when they weren't great ones. What I mean is if I succumbed to stress eating during the day I tried to make better choices when I got home for dinner. In the past I would have beaten myself up for my slip, thrown my hands up in the air, and completely given up any attempts of staying on plan. And as a result I would easily have gained 5-10 pounds in two weeks time.

After last week's weigh-in my goals had been:

1. To spend time each evening packing a lunch and snacks to get me through the next day.
2. To be in bed by 10:30 at the latest so I can get to Curves for my workout on M,W,F.

I did better with these but did not accomplish them every day. I start out the week well and as the long-hours wear on me throughout the week I begin to lose my fortitude. So this week my goals will be the same. I anticipate the hours won't be quite so bad this coming week so I should be able to stay more consistent with these goals and hopefully see a good result on the scale next Sunday.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great attitude! I'm much better at my slip ups to.. I use to quit all the time as soon as a slip would happen but now I've learned to just start over and learn from my mistakes. I know you can do it! Keep it up!!

Daria said...

I'm happy to hear you didn't let that small gain get to you. It's important to have a positive attitude when you fail, even more than when you succeed. My dietician said to me last week, that I should be proud that I've never been a size 24 again, after my major weight loss 10 years ago. She says that although I am at a plateau now, I have never gone that far backwards in my goal. So now, I am proud that I have kept off 4 dress sizes for 10 years.

Ria said...

Congratulations on maintaining - holding steady in the face of difficult times is definitely a victory! I've often thought of the "paths" lesson from the 101 Days readings when I've slipped up . . . it's so true that we'll do OK as long as we can stay on one of our paths, even if it isn't always the narrow one.

Thanks for the yoga DVD suggestion . . . I've been wanting to try yoga for a while. I found it on Amazon, so I'll let you know how I do with it.

I'll be keeping the good thought for you this week - I hope your hours lighten up so you're able to focus on your health goals. Hang in there!

Natalia said...

Deb congrats on your great attitude! I'm so happy for you, that attitude is worth more than any numbers on the scale. That attitude will help you get to goal! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)