
I have taken on an incredible challenge. On November 6, 2009, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.
The Breast Cancer 3-Day benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2,300 to help bring us closer to that goal.
I am by no means currently in shape to do this, but I have 10 months to get in shape. I respond well to clearly defined goals with DEADLINES and it is a great cause to boot. I doubt there is anyone reading my blog whose life hasn't been touched by breast cancer. It may be your mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, daughter, friend, or even yourself.
Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.
Please consider making a donation. No contribution is too small. Check out my sidebar where you can click to donate online.
And stay tuned for updates regarding my training for the walk!


5 comments:
very cool thing to do.
I have a number of friends who have done the walk and said it was entirely life changing.
I am going to look into it here. This is my year for changes and being grateful. My sister's MIL died 2 yrs ago of breast cancer. I want to do my part. I plan on contributing with some of our tax return when we get it back.
That is an awesome thing you're doing! I'm excited to hear about your journey. BTW, gorgeous picture! It's so exciting to me when I get to actually "see" the people I've been reading about. Am I a dork? Probably...Thanks for sharing yourself! :)
Bethany
That is AWEsome! You have made a wonderful goal to help others and you'll greatly benefit from the preparation yourself. What an inspiration! Huzzah!
Deb -
Congratulations on deciding to do this - I am so excited for you!
And what a beautiful photo - you are totally chic enough to hang out downtown any day of the week :)
Post a Comment