Another loss this week. Definitely happy with that. My eating wasn't perfect but whenever I veered off my plan a bit I found myself more able to get right back on track with my next meal rather than letting things spiral totally out of control. The second part of the week was tough after my bout with insomnia. Being rested is so important for me. I just don't cope with things as well when I am exhausted. It's so easy to turn to food searching for a burst of energy which, of course, backfires as overeating leads me to feeling even more sluggish than I felt when I started.
How did I handle my challenges for this past week?
1. Work. I tried to stay conscious of when the anxiety or stress was triggering me wanting to snack. I did not hit the vending machine once all week although I did sneak a few chocolates from the community candy dish. I was very busy training my new employee this week so having him sitting next to me in my office most of the day kept me from any of my usual work binges.
2. Basketball game. There was food and drink galore provided to us at the game. Hot dogs, quesadillas, BBQ, chips, all manner of desserts, and alcohol. I chose to eat about 3/4ths of a hot dog, a small handful of chips, and about 3 bites of a brownie. I skipped the alcohol and drank water. I am happy with my choices. I partook of what was available in small quantities. I ate just enough so that I was satisfied but not stuffed. I'll call it a win.
CHALLENGES FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK:
1. I am going to put work on the list again. We are ratcheting up into our really busy time. I will likely be working long hours this week. As always, many projects to complete and never enough time to do it.
2. Classes start this week. One of my classes in online, the other on campus on Tuesday nights. That means I will need to be extra diligent about planning on that day. I need to have both a lunch and a dinner packed for that day and I will be leaving the house around 7:45 for work and won't be returning home until after 10PM after my class is over.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


9 comments:
Congratulations on another great week, Deb! Social events with food are so difficult - it sounds like you handled it really well.
I'm with you on the importance of getting enough sleep . . . I don't have much trouble falling asleep, but I usually wake up several hours earlier than necessary. Although I'm generally resistant to the idea of taking medications, I'm actually thinking of asking my doctor about options - I just hate feeling tired most of the time!
Good luck with your classes this week.
Good job.
Any choices that resulted in the scale moving in the right direction are good choices... not to say there couldn't be BETTER choices but any loss is a win in my books.
Nice loss!
2.4 lbs GONE FOREVER! Ba-bye!
Feels good, doesn't it?
You restrained yourself really well at the game, Deb. good going.
I love hot dogs :)
Deb, thank you for offering kind words and support to me. I needed it and appreciate it so much!
That is an awesome loss! Great job, Deb! I hope your classes and work don't stress you out too much!! :D
Bethany
Yippee on the loss and on dealing with your challenges! Here's to facing this coming week's challenges as successfully!
Well done, Deb! I think you did great!
Deb, that is a great loss. Kudo's to you for the way you handled your work and the ball game. You made great choices.
Today I have to drive to Orlando and like you I have to pack a cooler with my lunch and snacks. Otherwise...fast food here I come!
that is great~!~~~~~ WOO-HOO! Kansas congrats~~
You are doing it girlie!
Post a Comment