Wednesday, September 3, 2008

160 Things: Numbers 16 - 20

Continuing my list of 160 Things I Want to Do As I Lose Weight with some simple, everyday things:

16) To get out of bed in the morning without back pain and stiffness.
It seems like when I surpass a certain weight, around 300, I wake up each morning in excruciating pain. The pain is in my mid-back, sort of where your bra band would go around you. Sometimes the pain is so bad that I can hardly force myself to sit up. Other times it is just more of a stiffness. When the pain is really bad it lasts for about an hour after I am up and there is pretty much no position, standing , sitting, or lying down, that makes it comfortable. It’s like a kink that just has to be worked out in time.

17) Be able to walk from the parking garage at work to my office without being winded.
I just noticed in the past couple of weeks that I am panting as I enter the front doors of my office building and don’t recover until I am at my desk and sitting for a few minutes. There is only one flight of stairs I have to take to get out of the parking garage and then I cross a driveway. It’s kind of pathetic that that winds me so much. And it is very embarrassing to be greeted by my co-workers as I arrive and I can barely say anything back without sucking wind.

18) To not sweat at the slightest exertion.
I am constantly sweating. First I break out with a sweat on my upper lip and before I know it I am sweating so much that my hair is getting wet. I sweat while getting dressed in the morning, walking to the office from the parking garage in the morning, sometimes even simply because I am standing instead of sitting. I feel like my fat is acting like insulation and makes me too warm all the time. It’s embarrassing.

19) Cross my leg at the knee.
I miss crossing legs at the knee. I feel like my position is very masculine when I cannot cross my legs at the knee. I feel awkward and uncomfortable.

20) Be able to turn over easily in bed.
It takes a ridiculous amount of effort for me to turn over or change positions in bed. I feel like a beached whale.




6 comments:

Ria said...

Great reasons all, Deb . . . and I can certainly relate! What a wonderful Xmas gift to yourself getting under 300 will be. Here's to a successful September!

we_be_toys said...

I hate it when my body hurts after sleeping!

Tese are all good goals - I want you to know you have inspired me to get off of my ever widening butt and get moving! I've decided to set a goal of losing twenty pounds by Christmas - it seems a more do-able amount and therefore, less daunting to acheive.
But thank you, for providing me with the inspiration and impetus!

Natalia said...

Those are all great things to look forward to! :)

WWSuzi said...

These are things you need to be able to do for you!! Nice post ;)

Deb said...

we_be_toys - I am glad you feel inspired by reading my blog. Now I must go wrap my brain around the fact that I have inspired someone.

Lyn said...

I LOVE your list. I relate to almost everything on it, and it's great motivation: reminders of WHY we are losing weight and how much nicer certain little things will be when we get there!