Memorial Day. Officially, it's the day we remember and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and for our freedom.Unofficially, it's the beginning of summer. Ah, summer. Longer days, sunshine, swimming, vacations, picnics, baseball games, shorts, sleeveless shirts, bathing suits, relaxation. Right? Not if you weigh 313 pounds. I dread summer every year and every year I say it will be my last "fat summer." For me summer is oppressive heat, sweating at the slightest exhertion, rashes, being stuffed into hot jeans rather than tiny shorts or a willowy cotton sundress, staying inside as much as possible, and avoiding social invitations that might put me in an embarrassing spot (think pool party).
I deserve better summers than this. I deserve to wear shorts again. And cute, femine sundresses. I deserve to show my arms and my legs without shame. I deserve to go to picnics, BBQs, baseball games, pool parties without the fear that my rivers of sweat and mounds of fat will repulse all who see me.
I am on my way to achieving this freedom for myself. This is Memorial Day 2008. I weigh 313.2 pounds. Where will I be on Memorial Day 2009? What will my physical body be like? What will my life look like? How will they be different than the way they are today? Stay tuned......


No comments:
Post a Comment