I am the queen of the "do over". I know it's a manifestation of my all-or-nothing thinking that contributes to the difficulty I have getting healthy. But here I am calling another "do over". I have continued to binge on junk since my "frickety frick" post. I am ready to be done.
As part of my "do over" I have decided to cancel my Weight Watchers membership. Don't get me wrong, I think WW is the best and most realistic program out there. IMHO, it is the only plan where no food is off-limits and the focus is more on portion control, i.e, you can have A brownie, just not the entire PAN of brownies. Also, I really like the whole Points concept as I find it easier than tracking calories, fat grams, etc.
Despite what I like about the program, I decided to cancel anyway. I find I have too much shame at going to weigh in's after I have had a binge week. And then when I don't weigh in, that just sets me up for another week of no accountability. So I have decided to buy a scale (didn't own one before) and do my own weekly weigh-ins where I can feel comfortable facing the truth without fear of judgment. I will continue to follow a revised WW plan. The revision will be that I am going to increase the number of daily points I allow myself. At my current weight, I was getting 37 points per day plus my 35 weekly points allowance. I am going to give myself 45 points daily and go back to the old plan of "banking" points rather than the WPA thing. Basically, the 45 points covers my basal metabolic rate calories.
Anyway, I am ready for my "do over" now. As for the support I will miss by not going to WW meetings, well, I can get that from the online communities I am involved in.
Here I go now. Doing over.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment