Thursday, December 22, 2011

Before and During and The Man Who Got Me Started

I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy surgery on May 20, 2011.  As of today I am closing in on 100 pounds lost.  A year ago I would not have thought that I would make the choice to have weightloss surgery.  But today and am so very glad I did.  I had a great surgeon, Dr. David Kim. 

Here I am with him a couple of weeks ago at the annual Christmas party he has for his patients.  I'm down about 95 pounds in this picture.


Compare this to a picture of me from April 2010 at my all time highest weight (367).  I stll have a ways to go, but am much improved from where I started. 



Weight loss surgery was the right choice for me.  My only regret is not doing it sooner.  Thank you, Dr. Kim!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You look great! Keep up the fantastic work! You can do it! Congrats on the weight loss, such a HUGE accomplishment! Be proud!

Shelley said...

You look fantastic, Deb! So glad this worked for you - and I bet the doctor is quite proud of your progress, too!

Linda Pressman said...

You look beautiful and much happier to be in your body. Congratulations on a good decision and hard work!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're as lovely as ever, Deb! Congrats on all your accomplishments!