Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weigh in: 0 lost, 184 to go

Still hanging in at 349 this week. Didn't really make any efforts towards losing weight this week although I am noticing that I am doing MUCH less snacking on crap out of the vending machines at work. Like pretty much none. Baby steps.

This afternoon I am going to a Weight Watchers meeting. Yeah, I dumped WW awhile back but maybe I need the formality of a program back. Fact of the matter is, the last time I lost weight and was at 195 it was while I was doing WW. I understand that it's not the magic of WW. It's the magic of actually sticking to something.

I am ready to lose some frickin' weight already.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like getting back to what worked is a sound decision.
Good luck!

Shelley said...

You said it...it's the magic of actually sticking to something, what ever that is. Hope WW will be that something for you, Deb!

Oh, and good job on staying away from the vending machines!!!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I hope that it goes well at the meeting today. I think whatever works for you, and whatever resonates with you is what you should do.

It took me a lot of starts before I finally got going! I hope it works well for you.

Becky said...

Good for you! I have returned to WW myself. It's what really works for me, and this time, I'm just not going to be able to stop when I get comfortable. I'll have to stick with it, basically forever, cause I want to keep the weight off forever this time! I enjoy the meetings, and I go with my mom. Having a buddy helps. And the accountability to get on the scale each week means something to me. So good for you. I tried doing it on my own, and it just doesn't work without the accountability. Good luck! I look forward to hearing great news!

Learning to be Less said...

Good for you! WW helped me for a period too. I am so glad to see you blogging.

Hanlie said...

Good luck, Deb!

The Fat Girl said...

Wow, I didn't realize that we are almost exactly the same weight. How tall are you? I'm 5'8, 348.

And I'm with you on the formality of a program. As much as I know I can incorporate healthy eating into my life, sometimes, when I get derailed, I crave that structure.

The Fat Girl said...

Hang in there. We've been slaves to the scale long enough. You are making positive changes in your life, which will result in negative numbers on the scale.