Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SMART Goals: Monthly Update

It's been 4 months since I gave an update of my progess towards my 2009 SMART goals. I am definitely overdue.

1. To weigh less than 300 pounds by 1/1/2010. I weighed 337.7 on 1/1/09 and was at 349 at last week's weigh-in. Well, this isn't going so hot. BUT this year isn't over so I am not giving up. I still have 4 months to make some progress towards 299. I don't know if 50 pounds is doable at this point. But there is no reason I can't start making progress in that direction.

2. To have my entire house decluttered and organized by 1/1/2010. This goal will be achieved but in a different way than I had envisioned at the beginning of the year. I bought a new place so while my current house is still cluttered, as I am packing and getting ready to move I am getting rid of what I don't need and will be making sure to move my stuff in to the new place in an organized way. The new place is bigger with more and bigger closets and that should help. I have a dinky house with dinky closets right now.

3. To complete at least 12 more hours towards my MBA by 1/1/2010. Done!!! In fact, I completed 13 hours so far this year. And I am taking a break for the fall semester. I'll set a new school goal for next year but right now I will just celebrate that I achieved one of my SMART goals!

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Well, with the new house you sorta have 2 out of 3 done...go Deb! I'll bet you can get really close to being under 300 by 1/1/10 - I'm rooting for you to get there!

Miz said...

I need to get back to my old SMART goals from Jan and re-evaluate.

Im with you on the decluttering and have kinda gone crazy :)
now I wanna give EVERYTHING away :)

Gigi said...

You've reminded me that I need to write down my goals as I feel I haven't truly committed to them without doing that. Another form of accoutability couldn't hurt. Thanks for the reminder. You are well on your way.

I've been decluttering like a mad woman and it feels SO good. If only I could get paid for it....

Katie said...

You're getting there! baby steps! baby steps! :)

Unknown said...

You are well on your way, with 1 of 3 complete and a 2nd one partially completed. Success is success! I am glad that you are acknowledging and celebrating your success!

Hanlie said...

You can make a big dent in that 50 pounds, so go for it! You've done well on the others!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I believe you can get really, really close to goal #1 by the end of the year. In fact, I *dare* you to! :)

As for #2, I found that as I lost weight and got that part of my life in order, eliminating the clutter was much easier. I wish for you the same!

Congrats on completing goal #3! Enjoy your accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Well, every meal is a new chance to get started!
It's great that you have these goals, they are written down and you are checking in on them. Now that you've worked on the other two, you can concentrate on the first one!

Ria said...

Congratulations on surpassing your school goal and being well on track for your decluttering goal, Deb!

I'm betting that you get pretty close to that first goal, too, since you now have time to really take aim at it.

Unknown said...

It is one of my dreams to be able to declutter "once and for all" in the same way as you're doing it.

Ahh - the luxury.

You are a very lucky woman.

Amazon Runner said...

I am trying to lose 50 by the end of the year too, as I'd like to lose 100 befo0re next July and if would be great if I could have half of it off by the end of the year. I am with ya sister! Let's focus, we can do this!

The Fat Girl said...

I think those are very realistic goals. The more attainable we make our goals, the less likely we are when we don't reach something that was a stretch to begin with.

You can do it!!!