Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weigh-in: 3.3 down, 112.7 to go

Whoa, it's been awhile since I posted.  Haven't really been feeling it, I guess.  Haven't really been super focused on weight loss either, as evidenced by a measly 3.3 pound loss in 6 weeks time.  But that's better than I usually do when I go MIA from my blog.  Generally I'm gaining during those times.  So I'll briefly celebrate that victory before I kick myself in the ass and get moving again.

My birthday was on Thanksgiving and I had set a goal to be at 100 pounds lost by then.  Didn't happen.  Historically I do not do well when I set timelines for myself.  It's like it sets off a little rebel in my head that immediately starts the sabotage.  When will I ever learn not to do that?  Not today, apparently, because I am going to try to hit the 100 pound mark by the end of the year.  That gives me 5 weeks to lose 10.5 pounds.  Gonna be tough but I do feel my mindset shifting back into weightloss mode this past week or so.

I am working harder with my trainers at Fitness Together and have started incorporating exercise into the days that I do not work out there.  I didn't do that before.  I'm getting back to tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal and I am planning ahead at work by stocking my desk drawer with go-to snacks that keep me out of the vending machine.  Once I am done here, I have veggies to chop up and bring to work as well.  Fact is I get the stress munchies at work and there just doesn't seem to be any changing that so I need to have something I chomp on that won't do too much damage to my calorie intake. 

At Fitness Together, they started a Biggest Loseer type competition to keep people focused over the holidays.  We weighed in just before Thanksgiving and will again just after New Years.  The prize for the biggest percent of weightloss is free week of training.  That would be great but hitting the 100 pound mark is what really has me motivated.  If I win the contest, that's just (fat free) gravy.

There's been quite a bit going on with me these past 6 weeks, but I'll save that for another post.

Onward and downward!

2 comments:

Maren said...

Nice to see you back on track, good loss too :D

Laura said...

If you devote time and efforts to your body, your body will pay you back by being good looking, nicely shaped and healthy. You just have to support your love with some actions. For me physical activity works best. In order to keep myself toned I am taking Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex. This dietary supplement is manufactured by Military Grade and contains natural compounds. My body is grateful and is willing to exercise whenever I ask it to :)